Passes are "free tickets" that allow groups to change their team rosters. These changes include: swapping members in/out, adding additional members, and transferring SCB members from current or eliminated groups. There is an additional pass that waives point deductions during grace period.
Each group starts with two (2) Free passes, and one (1) Grace Period pass.
Free passes are replenished each round. Grace Period passes are one-time use. Groups receive an additional Grace Period Pass in Round 2 & Round 3.
The following passes are under Free Passes. Each round, you start with two passes that you can redeem for the following uses:
PASSES REFRESHED EACH ROUND
MEMBER SWAP / SIT-OUT
- Allows one member to sit out and/or be temporarily replaced with an individual NOT currently in a SCB group.
- Allows groups that entered at the minimum member count (4 members) to continue competing with the remaining individuals. However, they must replace the missing spot by next round, should the group pass.
- Allows your group to add one new individual who is NOT in a current or eliminated SCB group.
- Added member is a permanent addition to the group & continues into the remaining round(s), should the group pass.
- Allows your group to invite one individual from another SCB group, whether currently active or eliminated.
- Individual relinquishes their membership of the old group & now a considered a member of the new group,
- Additional details must be given from the group(s) and member involved. Contact SCB Staff for more information.
- **Attention!!: This is the only pass to allow eliminated participants a chance to re-enter SCB.
The following pass is not replenished after each round. Additional passes of this type are only given at the start of Round 2 & Round 3.
8-HOUR DEDUCTION WAIVER
- Allows groups to waive 8-hours worth of point deductions from their final round score.
- May be requested prior to or during a round's grace period. (ex: requesting a pass 4 hours into grace)
- Groups must contact SCB Staff as well as fill out the grace period pass form.