Challenges are additional Round Rules & Limitations your group can take on to gain Bonus Points, as well as a chance to earn extra Member Passes.
You can choose up to four (4) challenges to attempt each round.
Groups cannot re-attempt Point Retrieval for previously selected challenges (regardless of if you did or did not receive the points.)
Each round, the maximum amount of Bonus Points you can gain from Challenges is four (4) points.
You will also be judged on how well you complete the challenges.
- Meaning, it is possible to get half credit or full credit for one challenge.
For Round 1: You will receive 1 Member Pass by completing any Challenge from the [Audio] list.
Please select a challenge from any of the lists below. Please note the code "" & the number noted at the end for the amount of points it is worth.
-  - Include a 3-part harmony ( +1 )
-  - Include adlibs or lyrics that weren’t originally in the song. ( +1 )
-  - Have someone hold out a note for at least 25 seconds ( +2 )
-  - Have at least 2 duet, 3 trio, and 4 quartet singing formations. ( +2 )
-  - Go acapella for at least 15 seconds. ( +2 )
-  - Create your own fanchant. ( +2 )
-  - Include voice acting/ad-libbed vocals from 2+ languages. ( +2 )
-  - Add ambient noise / Sound effects as part of your mix, that weren’t originally in the song (i.e. rain, fireplace, airplane, etc.) ( +1 )
-  - Make your own instrumental / arrangement. ( +2 )
-  - Reverse part of your audio. ( +2 )
-  - Use a radio filter/telephone filter effect at one point during the song. ( +1 )
-  - Include tasteful, non-symmetric panning in the mix. ( +1 )
-  - Include heavy glitching in part of the mix. ( +2 )
-  - Include a tape delay effect in the mix. ( +1 )
-  - Include a riser effect in the mix. ( +1 )
-  - Have a part with a heavy autotune/robotic effect that fits the song, ( +1 )
-  - Use a limited color palette.
- 5 colors - ( + 1 )
- 4 colors - ( + 2 )
- 3 colors - ( + 2 )
-  - Draw characters in any pose but standing. ( +1 )
-  - Draw your characters in a way that connects into a picture. ( +2 )
-  - Give each vocalist’s sprite multiple facial expressions (at least 2) ( +1 )
-  - Lip-syncing art. ( +2 )
-  - Draw your characters in matching uniforms ( A general color scheme / base outfit / etc.) ( +1 )
-  - Draw your characters with outfits of each color of the rainbow. ( +1 )
-  - Give each vocalist 2 different sprites (Not just a redraw of the clothes; Two completely different outfits + poses ) ( +2 )
-  - Include complex kinetic typography for at least 45 seconds. ( +2 )
-  - Take IRL footage and use it in your video. ( +2 )
-  - Create / include a 3D object in your entry. ( +2 if created, +1 )
-  - Tell a clear story in the video, only using visuals. ( +2 )
-  - Use a looping tunnel effect in the video. ( +1 )
-  - Include a «chorus wheel» in your entry. [Example: the "umbrellas" during the chorus.] ( +2 )
-  - Use masks / masking effects / tools for the majority of the video. ( +1 )
-  - Use varying rates of frames per second (FPS) in your video. ( +2 )
Other / Miscellaneous
-  - Tell a clear story in the video using both audio AND visual means (i.e. voice acting, sfx, art, vfx, etc.) ( +2 )
- - Partner with another group and tell a connected story between your entries. ( +2 )
- You are NOT sharing members / sharing CB work - your groups are ONLY sharing the general storyboard / concepts / ideas / etc.
-  - Break the 4th wall. ( +1 )
-  - Complete a song with varying BPM. ( +2 )
-  - Choose a song prior to the year 2012. ( +1 )
A bank of words / phrases / general ideas - to be incorporated into your entry. You can add the word, base your entry off of the idea / concepts, etc. Each is worth +1 point.
-  - Serendipity (n.) an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.
-  - Orphic (adj.) mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding.
-  - Alpas (v.) to become free, to break loose.
-  - Hiraeth (n.) homesickness for a home you can’t return to, or that never was.
-  - Kairos (n.) the perfect, delicate, crucial moment; the fleeting rightness of time and place that creates the opportune atmosphere for action, words, or movement.
-  - Metanoia (n.) the journey of changing one’s mind, heart, self, or way of life.
-  - Oenomel (n.) something combining strength with sweetness.
-  - Orenda (n.) a mystical force present in all people that empowers them to affect the world or to effect changes in their own lives.
-  - Yugen (n.) a profound awareness of the universe that triggers a deep emotional response.
-  - Numinous (adj.) describing an experience that makes you fearful yet fascinated, awed yet attracted-the powerful, personal feeling of being overwhelmed and inspired.
-  - Sonder (n.) the realization that each passerby has a life as vivid and complex as your own.
-  - Vertigo (n.) a sensation of whirling and loss of balance
-  - Mamihlaptinatapai (n.) the wordless look between two people who both desire something, yet are equally reluctant to initiate
-  - Selcouth (adj.) something unfamiliar, unusual or wondrous
-  - Anfractuous (adj.) winding or circuitous
-  - Viraha (n.) the realization of love through separation
-  - ( Submit your own. )
-  - Missed connections.
-  - A hand that gives / a hand that takes
-  - No day but today
-  - Reach for the sky and even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.
-  - A love kept waiting
-  - Swan song
-  - Long live the rose that grew from concrete
-  - Standing at a crossroads
-  - The unexamined life is not worth living.
-  - “Esse est percipi”
-  - Is there life after death?
-  - Death ends a life, not a relationship.
-  - All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players.
-  - “Cogito, ergo sum”
-  - “Memento mori”
-  - (Submit your own.)